What's new

How can I make this forum better for you?

Cobalt_Pilot

A really cool sub folder would be some service/flight instruction offerings by location. Maybe like one tab for flight schools to just post some basic info and their location (without spamming the forum), and another tab for independent CFIs to offer either training, flight reviews, checkouts, etc.
*Edit*: These could even be sponsored things to support the forum.

Of course, it could be a potential nightmare if people post too much, but that could lead into people maybe becoming moderators for the forum.

Last edited:

s_p_s

Hi Kelsey, I really like the forum, I'm missing some of your 747 pictures in the design. I know It's not really important but I do think it's too white when I start using it. I was loughing alone at home because it remind me when you talk about your pale skin hahah, people it's crazy sometimes. Best of luck with your projects!

Hey Crew-

I wanted a place for anyone involved in aviation to be able to network and help each other out so I created this forum. Please let me know how I can make it better or more beneficial for you!
I would love to see an app in the future. I think more people would be inclined to be here if there was an app on their home screen that is more easily accessible.

topgun966

This is an excellent idea! So far it's coming along great. If you are looking for help, I am a former major airline employee that was laid off but worked in corp IT for almost 10 years. Also, have a long history with EA games and web hosting companies doing build-out and moderation tasks. If you need any assistance, I would love to help where I can.

wwolf

Just watched the YT video and the sentiment behind the forum creation is very nice. It reminded me, however, that we do not have a forum etiquette or forum guidelines at all, which should ideally be pinned to the top. Might be a good idea to get something like this up and running.
I was actually trying to find some set of such inclusive rules (I was trying on includecpp.org) but I those are probably tech specific and fragmented on the site. :(

I was actually trying to find some set of such inclusive rules (I was trying on includecpp.org) but I those are probably tech specific and fragmented on the site. :(
It is very technical indeed 😂 but it’s always good to have a reference point.

Reading through contracts, T&Cs etc is actually how I earn my living.
So I’d be more than happy, if needed, to scramble something concise but nice together or even take up a moderating function.
Let’s see what Kelsey’s thoughts are once he gets around to check the thread

AVC

Hi, having moderated many forums over the years, you probably want a few things:
A “General Discussion” section, for users who want to shoot the crap or ask random stuff that doesn’t fit entirely into specific forums.
An “Introduce yourself“ section so peeps can get to know each other.
The boring stuff; a section with Forum Rules and a Code of Conduct.
Oh, and a section for rotary wing of course. For us Aircrewman and Helo pilots *cough cough*. Unless of course this whole thing is for those fixed wing afficionados only. In that case next time you’re waving at me in the middle of the ocean I’ll remember to wave back as we fly past :LOL:

Admin

Administrator
Staff member
Hi, having moderated many forums over the years, you probably want a few things:
A “General Discussion” section, for users who want to shoot the crap or ask random stuff that doesn’t fit entirely into specific forums.
An “Introduce yourself“ section so peeps can get to know each other.
The boring stuff; a section with Forum Rules and a Code of Conduct.
Oh, and a section for rotary wing of course. For us Aircrewman and Helo pilots *cough cough*. Unless of course this whole thing is for those fixed wing afficionados only. In that case next time you’re waving at me in the middle of the ocean I’ll remember to wave back as we fly past :LOL:
Thanks for your input. I have a general discussion area in the random section already. You are right I need to add a forum rules so I am going to work on that. I added a helicopter section, I originally had it and it got lost in the redesign of everything. My 747 sim parter is still a rotary wing pilot in the Army so glad I got that caught before he found this. Thanks for feedback.

Reactions: AVC

csbasco

Just wanted to ask if its a good idea to add a dedicated *confirmed* job section for pilots in their respective categories. I don't exactly know if you need someone moderating it so it'll stay current and not have the potential of spam from recruiters but I just wanted to find a way to help some of the pilots in need. It should also give a heads up for new pilots to see what they can strive for in terms of jobs and see what requirements they may need to work on before applying. Just a thought.

LeonK

Thanks for your input. I have a general discussion area in the random section already. You are right I need to add a forum rules so I am going to work on that. I added a helicopter section, I originally had it and it got lost in the redesign of everything. My 747 sim parter is still a rotary wing pilot in the Army so glad I got that caught before he found this. Thanks for feedback.
Ahoy,

allow me to give some suggestions on a simple set of Forum rules.
  • Keep it civil. We're here to help each other, not to prove someone else to be wrong.
  • If you need to vent, mark the thread or post clearly as a rant. Sometimes, we need to blow off some steam. Go ahead. Just not into some one else's face.
  • Don't look down, don't make others look up. Just as flying a plane, a vital forum is a team effort. Aviation enthusiasts are just as valid as pilots as are students.
  • Don't be easily offended. If somebody reacts a bit more rough than expected, rather add a "hard day, eh?" to a reply than be offended. You never know what the other person is going through.
Be safe.

Sam256

like where you can flip it back and forth? I don't know if that is an option for this software but I will check it out. 👍
Yes, that's what I had in mind. Something similar to Reddit Night Mode or Twitter Dark Mode. It's a nice touch for people browsing at night.